Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day Citrus: Orange You Glad You Asked

Aren't you just loving my ridiculous post titles? Seriously? You must want to punch me by now, hahaha.

Anyhow, after this morning's success with peanuts, and the literally zero reaction, I did something stupid, and decided to do a double introduction today.

I grabbed an orange and a tangerine at the store, deciding that two forms of citrus are better than one, and also decided on consuming them at the same time. Finally, my worries about scurvy can stop for a few days. I've seriously been concerned-my diet has no Vitamin C right now, and holy crap, man, SCURVY. I could lose my teeth! I need some limes, stat!

Citrus is pretty straightforward. Peel, section, snarf. In that order. Push cat out of way (NO KITTEH! NO ORANGES FOR YOU!)

After about 30 minutes, I thought I might have a mild headache, but that could a: be my mind playing tricks on me, or b: the sheer volume of the sugar all at once. I think it's safe to say that yes, it's okay in small amounts. Who eats that much citrus at once? I've never been a juice drinker, so it's not like I have to worry about orange juice or anything. Now I can use foods with citric acid as the only preservative, too, which is awesome. If I find I'm getting headachy, I'll back those out, and see if there's a change.

Tomorrow: SOY OF DOOM. This should be fun. I'm expecting massive gastric woe from the soy milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment