Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day Dairy: Cheese Coma Wrap-Up

So I finished the day with a baked potato with butter and sour cream (dinner also consisted of some filet mignon and a salad, and water to drink, if you're tracking my diet for the day.)

No migraines from the dairy at all. Pleasing, but I clearly have an allergy to dairy-after eating any, I was left with congestion, runny nose, watery eyes. I can't believe I never knew I had this. Interestingly, when I was describing this to my parents over dinner, my father pointed out that I couldn't handle milk as a baby, and was on soy formula. So I should have known earlier.

I plan on limiting dairy in my diet from here on out, but not worrying too much if it's been used in something for baking, etc. I'm also planning on trying hard cheese again on the day I introduce eggs, since I've heard some people can handle cheeses without much issue, and I don't think I have any issue with eggs. Otherwise, I really have to limit the dairy, which I'm not happy about. Luckily for me, the reaction isn't that severe. Otherwise I think I'd cry, for, lo, I LOVE ME THE CHEESE.

No comments:

Post a Comment