Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day Egg: Egg On My Face

Weight this morning 111.2. Holding steady, though my potato chip bender today might up that number-it will be interesting to see.

I decided to go ahead with eggs since sugar didn't seem to be affecting me, and I wasn't eating it at this point. Wheat was out, and my dairy consumption is minimal-so I'm still in good shape, and I awakened feeling normal (i.e. demanding coffee and hiding from my cat so I could sneak in a few extra minutes of snooze time, which NEVER WORKS.)

Anyhow, at 10, when I was finally hungry, I decided to make brunch, which consisted of two scrambled eggs. I can't cook them any other way, so that's what we had. Nothing fancy. Within a few minutes of eating them, I had the strangest feeling, like my world was tilting to the left. Then to the right. OH HAI, VERTIGO. Then a few minutes later, a headache appeared, slowly draining from the apex of my head, into my brain. Seriously, that's what it felt like.

At this point, I freaked, as eggs? SUPPOSED TO BE MAH FRIENDS. I called my mom and whined. I researched. Apparently, yes, they can be a trigger, but why such a fast response?

By 5, I felt much better, so I made myself another egg. Again, with the vertigo and headache. It lasted an hour or so, and then was gone, but I feel...off. Not sure if I'll add anything tomorrow.

What I can't figure out is why I react so rapidly to this-the wheat took about 20 minutes, enough time to start digesting, and became worse. This is FAST. Is it because it's easier to break down?

Needless to say, I'm making an appointment with an allergist, stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment